At Resurrection Christian School, we believe in equipping every student with the core knowledge and skills necessary to successfully live out their God-given calling. Biblical integration is foundational to every aspect of education from core academics to fine arts.
To produce lifelong learners who take ownership and accept responsibility for their own education, RCS focuses on a holistic preschool to 12th-grade approach. With the high school graduate in mind, students are equipped with the knowledge and ability to make educated choices concerning their social, emotional, and physical health based on their identity in Christ.
From preschool through high school, students are nurtured in a safe, loving, and encouraging Christian environment where they grow to love Jesus, each other, and learning. Every child is an individual whose strengths will be nurtured by the staff.
Students are taught by highly qualified, relational teachers who role model Godly character. Thirty percent of K-12 faculty hold a Master’s Degree and all faculty members have a State Teaching Certificate, ACSI Certificate, or both. RCS teachers are regularly involved in professional development to:
- Gain insight into the best and upcoming teaching practices
- Meet standards, provide clear objectives, and properly assess student learning
- Implement Marzano’s Art & Science of Teaching and Rigor & Relevance Framework
- Facilitate safe and effective use of technology in every stage of student development
- Focus on meeting the needs of the child
RCS alumni consistently state they were academically prepared for college rigor, especially in the areas of:
- College-level writing skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective time management and study skills