At RCS we come alongside you and your child to build their relationship with Christ. We want your child to know, without a shadow of a doubt, who they are and whose they are.
At RCS Middle School, we know that this is a time of rapid change and growth for your child. Our staff understands the pressures and the excitement of this life stage. We strive to provide a safe nurturing environment where your child can grow in mind, body, and spirit as they grow their relationship with God. We walk on this journey with your child as they continue discovering who they are in Christ and we encourage them to pursue that with all their heart, soul, mind, and spirit.
Our student's walk with the Lord will be nourished through:
- Weekly chapels featuring a worship team and inspirational messages from in-house or guest speakers.
- Our annual fall spiritual retreat allows students to deepen their relationships with their peers and teachers, grow their faith in Christ, and energize and focus their school year.
- Ongoing development of students’ Christian values and Biblical worldview by helping reinforce good judgment and holding students accountable for their choices and behavior.
- Teachers, faculty, coaches, and volunteers who model strong Christian values and who pour time, experience, knowledge, and truth into students daily to help them gain confidence in who they are in Christ.
- A whole-child approach to learning, teaching, and community engagement helps develop children academically, spiritually, and emotionally, so they grow into strong Christians with unwavering faith in Christ.
Each student’s education will be enhanced through:
- Learning in a challenging and rewarding environment where curriculum integrates a rich understanding of Biblical text with age-appropriate coursework and real-life application
- Encouragement to discover, explore, develop and grow their God-given talents. They can do this through classes such as science, mathematics, language arts, music, art, foreign language, and technology. We also offer courses that offer life skills such as cooking, sewing, car mechanics and maintenance, wood-working, and more.
- Nurturing every learner through immediate feedback on student progress. Teachers check for understanding, redirect, and re-teach to help students master curriculum content.
Each student will gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the global world, international issues, and cultural differences through:
- Integration of academic and technical learning by providing meaningful, project-based learning experiences that help develop life-long learning and critical thinking skills that extend beyond the classroom.
- Development of strong integrity, morals, and ethics by modeling how they can do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Opportunities to give back to the surrounding communities through programs such as Operation Christmas Child, Art for Water, Ultimate Cougar, and middle school serve days.