At RCS we come alongside you and your child to build their relationship with Christ. We want your child to know without a shadow of a doubt who they are and whose they are.
At RCS Elementary School, we understand that your children spend more of their waking hours at school than anywhere else. Our teachers and staff take this opportunity to instill and reinforce Christian principles, values, and character. We walk with your children as they discover who they are in Christ and we encourage them to pursue that with all their heart, soul, mind, and spirit.
Our students who walk with the Lord will be nourished through:
- Weekly chapels featuring a worship team and inspirational messages from in-house or guest speakers
- Our annual 5th grade fall spiritual retreat which allows students to deepen their relationships with their peers and teachers, grow their faith in Christ, and energize and focus their school year
- Ongoing development of students’ Christian values and Biblical Worldview by helping reinforce good judgment and holding students accountable for their choices and behavior
- Teachers, faculty, coaches, and volunteers who model strong Christian values and who pour time, experience, knowledge, and truth into students daily to help them gain confidence in who they are in Christ
- A whole-child approach to learning, teaching, and community engagement that develops children academically, spiritually, and emotionally so they grow into strong Christians with unwavering faith
Each student's education will be enhanced through:
- A challenging and rewarding environment where the curriculum integrates a rich understanding of Biblical text with age-appropriate coursework and real-life application
- Students are encouraged to discover, explore, develop, and grow their God-given talents through classes such as science, mathematics, language arts, music, art, bible, physical education, library, and technology
- We believe in our students reaching the highest academic standards. We keep our curriculum and instructional methodology relevant by tracking current, research-based trends and best practices
Each student will gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the global world and cultural differences through:
- Integration of academic and technical learning by providing meaningful, project-based learning experiences that help develop life-long learning and critical thinking skills that extend beyond the classroom
- Development of strong integrity, morals, and ethics by modeling how they can do the right thing even when no one is watching
- Development of cultural awareness and opportunities to give back to the surrounding communities through Operation Christmas Child, Penny Wars, and Heartwork